Young Arthritis Network

Sunday, November 7, 2010

My lotto win


 The Lotto reached  16 million the second highest jackpot in Irish history so I like many others went to my local shop and played a few lines laughing with I would do with my winnings if I was lucky enough to win.


On the way back it was beginning to get dark so like every night since I was a ten I make the same wish on the first star I see twinkle twinkle little star I wish someone could find the big C a cure for arthritis.

I nickname my mornings a battle a battle which I win most days. You may ask how do I win ? Well it’s simple I get up out of bed I may struggle but I get there I make my way to work just like everyone else and I win. Sometimes its easier for me to let the pain take over but I won’t because if I do arthritis win’s and takes over. Childish as it seems it’s my motivation and a silly little game I play ever morning but for me it works. Its putting one foot in front of the other and I get there granted some days it takes longer than others but I make it.

So it’s Sunday morning and for the first time in 15 years I woke up with relatively no pain a strange  feeling  so I dance around the house like some crazed  lunatic  but I don’t care I can move and it's not even 9 am ….

I feel like it’s a dream it may only be one morning but for me this is better than winning the lotto if you don’t have  arthritis then this might be the difficult to understand but words cant describe how I feel. I’m on top of the world I truly believe right now I am the happiest girl in the world. 

This feeling may only be short live but for me this is motivation to stay strong and positive because I believe someone will find a cure for arthritis and It will happen in my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment