Young Arthritis Network

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Laughter the best medicine ???


Yesterday started off as just your average day I’m still feeling a little under the weather so I was having a lazy morning . Made myself a cuppa and I went back to bed to catch up on  the latest episodes  of Grey’s Anatomy and Desperate Housewives. Not long after I was tucked up in bed I received a text from a friend to see if I wanted to go for a bite to eat.


We met at one for lunch at Michie Sushi which was the perfect way to start the afternoon the food was fab afterwards we strolled over to a local cafe for some hot chocolate and a chance to have a a bit of a catch up. Pondering what to do for the rest of the day we decided to go to Dundrum shopping center for some ice skating. A quick visit to pennys for some extra socks to keep my feet warm we were ready to skate.

 As a child I loved to Rollerblade I had no fear I would zoom down the hill without a second thought so naturally I love to ice skate.For that one hour I thought I was a child again & I managed not to fall or more to point avoid the children who whizzed around with no fear until the fell but within seconds jumped back up.

After the hour I was tired and cold but for that one hour I put that thought to the back to my mind and concentrated on having fun. Afterwards we went to Hamleys toy store and stopped at the new Xbox Kinect which I enjoyed a bit too much and we finished the day off with Dublin’s best chips Burdocks Yum.....

This morning I’m paying the price for my eventful day but you know what ...? It was sooooo worth it ... I had a ball in fact I had the most fun I’ve had in ages....it was a day filled with laughter & fun. Laughter really can be the best medicine!


No comments:

Post a Comment